If you own a store in the fashion sector, you may have the experience of selling a variety of clothing apparel and you may possess all the knowledge about the clothing apparel you sell. But what makes your clothing store different from others?
The answer is personalized clothing. Personalized or customized fashion is fast growing in India. As per recent reports, the total size of the market for personalized merchandise is 110 million consumers. From which, 40 million are corporate employees at mid and senior levels, 50 million are middle class and 20 million are college students.
Hence, we can see the fast-growing future of personalization fashion in the market.
Personalized fashion can be divided into two types of dimensions: product and communication.
Communications: In a competitive environment, the fashion industry’s attraction of customer's attention and the duration of such contact are the most important factors of personalized fashion for custom clothing designers.
Offline personalized fashion would be implemented with the help of technologies of computer vision, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Many solutions enable the identification of an individual once they enter the store and through WiFi or GPS to invite customers to the nearest store. After that, all the information involving purchases is displayed on the owner's tablet, and the customer starts receiving personalized notifications with offers. Their web search or search history may be interesting for them.
Access to behavioral analysis of customers allow custom clothing designers to deliver personalized fashion to the level where designers can understand the needs and requirements of the market while other marketing channels will ensure the information about a suitable product delivery.
Product: As per Morgan Stanley, the retailer losses caused by returned items amounted to 60 billion dollars as 88 percent of consumers were disappointed with the size differentiation of several brands. This all means an annual volume of 91 million tons of textile waste.
As per recent research, Review of Deloitte Consumer, more than fifty percent of consumers have the desire to buy customized and personalized products.
● Each fashion brand has its own clothing- a set of mannequins designed on the basis of national anthropometric studies regarding the particular county of the origin.
● Each brand targets a specific category. Hence, even two brands belonging to the similar country may have huge deviations in their size lines.
The world has changed a lot over the last few years. Times have changed so much and the same can be said for the fashion industry. About 10 years ago, the market for personalized clothing was not as popular as it is now and the major reason behind this is the rapid progression of the Indian fashion industry from the local traditional one to the modern personalized emerging market.
Fashion brands have been growing instantly, giving a huge boost to several custom clothing designers. This has led to the trade becoming more aware of their personal identity. Whether small or big, business owners are proud of the status they have created for themselves and are always keen to showcase their work in front of the whole world.
Another reason behind the growth of customization in the fashion sector is the increasing demand from the corporate or education sector. Over the last couple of years, companies have focused more on employee satisfaction by offering their employees the best service they can provide. Designing a custom and premium quality uniform for their employees boosts morals and helps them build rapport among their staff.
● Printing: Printing has always been an integral part of personalized clothes. The main reason behind the many allures of such a sector is being able to give the physical form to the customer's imagination. There are numerous forms of printing options, each having its own list of appeals, such as DTG, water-based printing, vinyl printing, and screen printing. This gives personalized fashion a huge boost by giving custom clothing designers and manufacturers a lot to work within the way of personalization.
● Color Recognition: Color recognition is another trend that has been ruling the personalized market lately. It refers to the specific color being given an identity of its own as a result of extensive branding.
● As per McKinsey, personalization will be the main trigger for success in the fashion sector in the next 5 years. Companies that do not use personalization in their brands would face a huge loss of revenue or even go bankrupt.
● As per Google’s findings, the demand for personalization still is not satisfied. Many fashion brands and retailers are not able to provide their clients with the experience that they expect. “The vast majority did not even make the first step in that direction—figure out what personalization means for their clients.”
● Personalization would influence revenue greatly—the possibility of further purchases would increase by 110% and the possibility that buyers will spend more by 40%.
● Fashion designers and manufacturers admit an upward trend of increasing demand for personalization and are going to adapt the investment strategy.
Personalized fashion is the fastest growing sector in today’s era. If you are looking for someone to source clothes, Fashinza is here for you!
Fashinza is a B2B apparel manufacturing platform. We help clothing brands to manufacture their collections by connecting them with suppliers. We overlook the entire production process from design to delivery - our partner brands only need to place the order.
Our chief offering is our platform using which brands can place an order, track it, receive daily production updates, communicate with manufacturers, and make payment.
We like to think of our platform as the Brands can use our platform to place manufacturing orders for their collections and have them delivered, with options to track, communicate, make payments along the way. We make the apparel manufacturing process hassle-free, fast, and transparent for the brands.