How to Make People Like Your Fashion Brand with Minimal Fashion Ads
There are so many different ways that one can promote fashion brands. While some of them include elaborate methods which are costly and laborious, other fashion ads are seemingly minimalistic and straightforward.
Time and again, people tend to market their clothing around one platform, say Instagram only. While marketing one’s fashion brand digitally is a smart idea, developing an entire brand strategy built around Instagram could be a problem.
This factor is basically because of the algorithm, which dictates who sees the content and who doesn’t. So while fashion ads on social media have the potential to make one’s fashion brand go viral, it also has the power of shadowbanning the promotional content so that it receives no visitors at all. So it is suggested to use more than one marketing method for business owners to market their fashion brands.
Minimal Marketing options for a fashion brand
In fashion, chances are one is trying to target a particular subset of customers about a generational group. Yes, in theory, it is good to try and capture as many people as possible. However, to make a consistent brand image and identity, it is essential to know the target customers.
It is vital to devise a fashion ad that targets specific people to match the brand identity. With so much difference in the generational groups, it becomes essential to reach them through the right message at the right time. So here are simple ways to target different demographics through minimal marketing options.
Targeting the demographic through desktop and traditional media
Despite their reliance on the good old days, a section of the baby boomer generation has digital connections. So an online brand has quite the opportunity to reach out to this subset of customers through these minimal fashion ads.
- One of the most significant ways consumers interact with online media is through desktops, although Gen Y and Gen Z may be more inclined to access online media through their phones. But it is vital to ensure that the online experiences of the clothing brand cater towards the desktop browsing platforms.
- Interaction through traditional media like newspapers, magazines, billboards also works effectively. Since people are typically inclined towards more formidable marketing platforms like Facebook and Google Ads, they forget the effect of fashion ads through traditional media.
- If one considers advertising through digital media, Facebook must be the option. Many social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and TikTok, but baby boomers are most likely to be on Facebook.
- If one tends to use videos for their advertising, they should make sure the fashion ads are slow and push information.
- Lastly, discounts and cash coupons would help because consumers value every cent. So it is essential to earn loyalty by offering some reward or cashback system, which would push the clothing sales and open the business up to consumers more inclined towards traditional marketing formats.
Marketing via email and videos
Almost 25% of the population is part of the digital culture. For consumers like this, who are exceptionally tech-savvy and have access to laptops, smartphones, and other devices, it is necessary to devise marketing strategies accordingly.
- A specific section of the demographic responds quite well to email marketing. Making emails engaging can be crucial to capturing sales from these people.
- Digital videos help because people who grew up with VHS, DVDs, music videos are pretty attuned to fast-paced digital media. Hence, quick video marketing is a handy tool.
- Consistently emphasizing the USP of the brand helps with consumers because, as mentioned, they do a lot of research before they commit to a purchase.
- Loyalty programs help to gain trust with consumers. Making sure the programs are easy to understand and use so that consumers keep coming back is essential.
Marketing via Social Media for mobile devices
Studies have shown that a large chunk of the population checks their phones an average of 150 times a day. They also purchase more and more clothes by the minute due to social media trends’ transient nature. So making sure to have a consistent brand identity to attract the attention of this consumer group is very important.
- One of the best ways to attract this consumer group is social media for mobile devices. Consistently maintaining the platforms is essential because otherwise, the fashion brand could become irrelevant.
- Consumers respond to appealing visuals since their attention span is short. So it is vital to keep the message short and engaging. Also, most consumers prefer infographics or visual representation of data over straight-up texts.
- Reviews from other users act as social proof and can go a long way in earning trust — the millennial generation values what others have to say. And if they are purchasing a product, they will go through user reviews. Hence, the fashion brand’s ORM or online reputation management must be strong. Testimonials can be part of minimal marketing for this reason.
- Influencer marketing also works extremely strong with this demographic because, as assured before, they are influenced by what others have to say. So an influencer will better market a fashion brand for this target group.
- Engagement with the content is essential, so one must always reply to comments. Consumers want to be recognized and heard, and this is a great way to stand out as a fashion brand for these consumers.
Marketing via live streams, influencer marketing, and social media stories
Customers are constantly evolving, and consumer habits aren’t predictable to the T. However, their online identity is exceptionally vital to them, and they also have a short attention span.
- A large subsection of the target audience values real people over celebrities, and therefore influencer marketing through micro or nano influencers should build good engagement for the fashion brand.
- They value Vlogs and live streams. This aspect could include unboxing videos of real consumers wearing the clothes and enumerating their experiences on the go-live. This factor helps target these customers.
- They value live interaction through which they can rely on honest reactions. Therefore, Instagram stories, twitch, and other live platforms help the market to this segment.
- Creating short, direct, and simple ads help. Emphasizing just the message and keeping it short helps to engage these customers.
It can be a fascinating concept to target everyone, but the lack of focus on brand positioning is not what one would want. Targeting a particular segment will push the fashion brand to have exclusivity and a consistent identity.
We at Fashinza have thoroughly researched and curated this assortment of ways through which a designer can market their fashion business well. So try out these minimal marketing techniques today and see your fashion business reach a broader and larger demographic.
Contact Fashinza today if you need help with sourcing clothes.