The fashion industry is indeed a competitive space, where everyone strives to become the market leader. And in this competitive environment, a fashion entrepreneur often finds themself in a very stressed position and lacks the right motivation to move ahead. To understand what they go through, let’s understand what fashion entrepreneurs do and the major challenges they face in their business.
An entrepreneur who is leading a new fashion store, venture, or idea, has a significant burden of the risks involved in the business. Along with these inherent risks, a fashion entrepreneur is also someone, who enjoys complete freedom at his work and will be liable to the maximum profit earned by the business.
Being a fashion entrepreneur is not an easy task, as they are faced with many challenges daily. Some of the challenges faced by a fashion entrepreneur are as follows -
Financing is one of the biggest challenges that every fashion entrepreneur faces. Buying clothes and making beautiful dresses out of them will cost a lot of money. Moreover, in business, some clothes may get discarded by the customers, which will have a serious setback on the business.
In the fashion industry, one needs to make upfront payments to the clothing factory, which is way before the final product goes into the market. This time taken in the reimbursement of money invested can make a fashion entrepreneur anxious, and thus they seek motivation.
Nowadays, many people are doing business and are striving to earn respect for their brand. With numerous manufacturers in the market, this competition may have a serious mental impact on a fashion entrepreneur.
Customers are the reason for the rise or fall of any business and the fashion industry is no exception. Therefore, fashion entrepreneurs need to formulate a strategy that will earn them a wide customer base that will help in catalyzing their business.
Being a young entrepreneur, one is faced with a lot of challenges. The lack of experience may lead to various bad decisions that will have a significant impact on one’s business. However, this is not a significant challenge as over time, one learns numerous new skills, but this may have a mental strain on someone who is starting a business as an inexperienced person.
All the aforementioned circumstances may plunge a fashion entrepreneur into a state of hopelessness. If someone is in such a state, they must know that they are not alone, and many people have already been in this state and have said beautiful things to motivate other entrepreneurs who are willing to follow in their footsteps.
1. “Vain trifles as they seem, clothes have, they say, more important offices than to merely keep us warm. They change our view of the world and the world's view of us.” - Virginia Woolf
2. “Fashion is part of the daily air, and it changes all the time, with all the events. You can even see the approaching of a revolution in clothes. You can see and feel everything in clothes.” – Diana Vreeland
3. Fashion is only the attempt to realize art in living forms and social intercourse." – Francis Bacon
4. “Fashion is not about the product; it’s about an interesting idea that you can’t resist buying into.” – Alessandro Michele
5. “I don’t like women who follow fashion in the sense of becoming victims of it. I like women who have elegance, who have allure, who use fashion, rather than the other way around.” – Giorgio Armani
6. “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street. Fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
7. "Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life." – Bill Cunningham
8. "I don't design clothes. I design dreams." – Ralph Lauren
9. “Fashion is about dreaming and making other people dream.” – Donatella Versace
10. "In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous." – Elsa Schiaparelli
11. "Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. The key to style is learning who you are, which takes years. There's no how-to road map to style. It's about self-expression and, above all, attitude." – Iris Apfel
12. "I want people to see the dress, but focus on the woman." – Vera Wang
13. "Luxury is the ease of a T-shirt in a very expensive dress." – Karl Lagerfeld
14. "A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need a splash of bad taste—it's hearty, it's healthy, it's physical. I think we could use more of it. No taste is what I'm against." – Diana Vreeland
15. "I think we all know boldness when we see it. Nothing makes me smile more than when I see someone being fully themselves, with their own individual style and character, whatever that is." – Angelina Jolie
16. “The idea is to create go-to pieces for a woman's wardrobe and her life—beautifully crafted pieces that a woman will love today, in two months, in two years, in five years—and to do that for as many women as possible." – Narciso Rodriguez
17. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
18. “When I first moved to New York, and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more.” – Carrie Bradshaw in Sex And The City
19. “Style; all who have it have one thing: originality.” – Diana Vreeland
20. “Isn’t elegance forgetting what one is wearing?” – Yves Saint Laurent
All of these quotes have appealed to fashion entrepreneurs and designers not to give up hope and strive for perfection. As Ralph Lauren or Bill Cunningham suggest, one should always see fashion as a source of life and an inspiration to get up and work hard for your dreams.
If one is questioning their decision of being a fashion entrepreneur they need to follow the advice of Coco Chanel or Diana Vreeland, who teach us to be courageous in the face of adversity. The quotes of Alessandro Michele and Narciso Rodriguez motivate a person to strive and find innovative ideas. No matter what challenges are in front of you, keep believing in your ideas and never lose hope. While Francis Bacon and Giorgio Armani highlight the spiritual nature of fashion.
However, if one is feeling demotivated due to the inability to source good clothes, they should get in touch with Fashinza. Fashinza is a B2B apparel manufacturing platform that helps clothing brands manufacture their collections by connecting them with suppliers and overlooking the entire production process, from design to delivery. Most importantly, clothing brands can easily place and track orders, receive daily production updates, communicate with manufacturers, and make payments on our platform. They also make the apparel manufacturing process hassle-free, fast and transparent for the brands.