How To Dropship Clothes & Find Good Suppliers
The concept of dropshipping has been around for a while now. And since its inception, clothing has been one of the most popular segments.
According to Statista, the size of global dropshipping in 2020 was just around $128 billion. This revenue will likely touch the $153.6 billion mark by 2024, suggesting a whopping 50% growth in just four years.
Fashion brands that dropship their apparel in 2021 will get some brownie points for their business acumen. Moreover, these brands will never be short of potential customers. This industry is on a boom, and the limelight refuses to fade anytime soon.
But the only thing pulling down the companies from entering this domain is a lack of knowledge about dropshipping. Apart from this, getting reliable suppliers is also a big challenge for companies. Such brands should go through this detailed guide about how to dropship clothes and find trustworthy suppliers in the market.
How To Drop Ship Clothes?
Research The Clothing Dropshipping Niche
Fashion brands that plan to step into dropshipping must do extensive research about their clothing niche. Apart from the basic primary and secondary market research, companies can also study the niche of their competitors. Experts say it is the best way to start with dropshipping. The two significant factors that brands need to work upon here are:
- What are the types of clothes that companies would like to offer to the customers?
- Are they popular enough to churn out returns?
The above two aspects will help companies in understanding the current market trends and consumer buying patterns.
Identify Target Audience
Every fashion brand aiming to dropship clothes must have a clear understanding of its target audience. Companies can get closer by zooming on:
- Top features that attract their target audience.
- How can their products add value (status, comfort, uniqueness) to the lives of their customers?
- What are the age group and the gender of customers they would like to cater to?
- What are the desires of the buyers, and how frequently are they willing to buy clothes?
- These answers will play a pivotal role in designing their marketing strategies.
Develop Competitive Strategies
Dropshipping is a highly competitive market. Brands that want to excel in this must have a written, formal business plan to get an edge over other players. To be more precise, companies need to plan more and be unique in their approach. Here are some tips:
- Brands must focus more on mastering marketing
- Design a lucrative product offer
- Launch a user-friendly and attractive website
- Avoid competing on price alone
- Provide excellent customer service
- Cover the goals of the company
Create A Concept And Set Prices For The Collections
Fashion brands that plan to drop ship their apparel need to create a concept for their clothing store because selling random items that have nothing or little with each other will not take companies too far ahead. There are several ways to tie the products together. For instance, brands can focus on:
- Style – Fashion brands can give a coherent look to their dropshipping brands by focusing on a particular style of cloth. For instance, partywear apparel, casuals, etc.
- Material – Companies can give a distinct theme to their products by categorising them into materials like denim, cotton, silk, velvet, etc. However, they can create many sub-categories further.
- Use – It is one of the most common dropshipping clothing themes. Companies can choose from sports, leisure, cocktail parties, and so on.
Once brands have finalized the concept, they can set competitive prices for their clothes.
How To Find, Select, And Deal With Dropshipping Suppliers?
Fashion brands who plan to dropship will need some reliable and trustworthy suppliers to manage their order supplies. From phone calls to directories, there are several ways to find suitable suppliers. Here are some tips:
- Research the suppliers available on paid directories and with manufacturers
- Inquire about their services
- Discuss their technology
- Research everything about the supplier’s businesses
- Meet manufacturers to buy their supplier list
- Attend trade shows
- Get suppliers from paid directories
So, this was all about how to dropship and find reliable suppliers for it. Dropshipping has a bright scope in the coming years. It is the perfect time for companies to step into this industry. However, they must ensure to start on the right foot and realise all their business goals.
And Fashinza can be their true companion in this journey. It is a one-stop destination for all dropshipping and supplier-related queries. Connect with them today to embark on a journey to success.