4 Things You Must Do When Planning to Reinvent Your eCommerce Website from Scratch
One thing that’s certain in the eCommerce industry is change. What worked last year won’t work the same way this year. And what works this year won’t necessarily work in the next.
Over the last few years, shopping online has transformed tremendously, changing the entire landscape of eCommerce.
Whether you own an online jewelry store, a clothing website, or are selling anything online, you’d have already realized that your eCommerce strategy always needs revamping.
The reason for the revamping and reinvention of your eCommerce website may vary, but what’s common is that you need to adjust your online business with time in order to be aligned with your customer’s preferences. And if you are failing to do that, it won’t be long before your customers move on to the next best option they can find.
What’s the need to reinvent your eCommerce website?
While you may think an eCommerce website just needs a domain and the products to start selling, the truth is that building a thriving eCommerce business requires a solid strategy.
The pandemic has significantly impacted many sectors, either improving them or throwing them into decline.
However, what saw the greatest change was the shopping behavior of people globally. People started relying on online shopping so much that online stores are in fierce competition with one another to provide the best kind of experience.
If your business is still following the years-old methods of eCommerce, there’s a good chance you need to start reinventing your eCommerce website.
How to reinvent your eCommerce website from scratch?
Reinventing your online store means focusing on your USPs and designing an entirely new brand. Here are some ways to do that:
1. Redesign your entire eCommerce store
Redesigning is one of the best ways to mention to your customers that you have made a significant change in your business.
The evolution of your eCommerce store reflects the change in your business. Depending on how it’s pulled off, your redesigning could either be one of the best things you ever did for your business or be a disaster.
While a complete redesign is a daunting task, there are a few things that matter the most in this process. Some of them include:
- A complete UI/UX and logo change (if needed) on your site
- The inclusion of new graphics and sections on your website
- Improve the product navigation for your customers.
- Improve your product displays and use new images for your products
- Optimizing your site loading time, reducing the bounce rate, and improving the overall SEO of your website.
2. Improve your branding strategy
Your branding plays the most important role in how your business is perceived.
Whether you run a software company, an agency, or own a clothing website, your customers tend to connect more to your brand efficiency than anything.
In a product-buying process, everything from the checkout process to the delivery time contributes to people’s positive/negative behavior towards your brand.
Your brand strategy needs to adapt and change, sometimes more frequently than others. Due to the ever-changing climate of online businesses, defining your strategy according to what your customers expect is really important.
A good branding strategy involves aligning the expectations of the people and the delivery of your brand. Moreover, you can always look for an improvement in the following areas:
- Adjust your products/services as per the market
- Have a flawless customer service
- Don’t deviate from your business objectives
- Keeping adding to your USPs regularly
- Introduce new sections and optimize your site for all screens
Analyzing your site and its data also contributes to your decision-making. Make sure you’re not missing out on that.
3. Implement a personalized shopping experience
As per Epsilon, about 80% of customers would purchase a product/service from a brand that provides personalized experiences. And if you are still not personalizing your shopping experience, you are already missing out on a lot.
A personalized shopping experience is potentially one of the landmarks of online shopping in the future.
Under this strategy, you pragmatically promote the right products to your users based on their interests, their shopping behavior, and their need, in turn boosting your very own sales.
Sites like Amazon and Myntra take full advantage of a personalized shopping experience through ads, but most importantly, through social media.
If you want your eCommerce website to provide personalized experiences as well, you may want to start with:
- If you are a clothing website, promote products to your customers with their preferred sized
- Provide your customers with personalized product recommendations
- Let your customers pick up where they left the last time
- Educate your customers about certain products and their origin
- Provide an exceptional overall customer support
4. Focus on building customer relations
Good customer relationship is the epitome of a successful business.
Unless you are not on good terms with your customers and aren’t providing them more than what they expect, they are always going to be on the lookout for your replacement.
You can start asking your customers to join your subscribers’ list through opt-in forms and other Call-to-Action.
For improving customer relations,
- Ask for regular feedback from your customers
- Provide regular coupon codes and subscription benefits
- Provide insights and product updates to your customers
- Have exclusive product line/services for your regular customers or subscribers.
In the process of providing ‘extra,’ you can always improvise your social media, start providing dedicated weekly/monthly newsletters, run a blog, and do so much more in order to provide maximum value around your industry.
Reinventing your brand from scratch will uncover multiple opportunities and could have a serious boost in your ROI.
Whether you want to build your very own clothing website or revamp your existing one, you start your business revamp by connecting with Fashinza to source your clothes in a quick and easy way. We’ll provide you with adequate resources to scale your brand.