Share This Article
Starting a clothing line has become one of the most profitable businesses in today’s world. But to start a clothing line in the existing fashion industry brings so many hurdles, including emotional setbacks. Many of the greatest creative minds have gone through a phase of slack. There are plenty of clothing lines that started great but could not sustain in the market. The main reason behind failures is not only a lack of creative ideas but also a proper financial backup.
A clothing line demands a boost of finances just at the right time. Additionally, there is an immense need for opting for new designs with changing trends in the market. What if you could get a slight push off for your clothing line just at the beginning of your career? Clothing manufacturers for startups are companies that give you an enormous leap in your career.
How does a clothing manufacturer help you?
A clothing manufacturer for startups provides the essential financial and professional guidance to kick start your project. The business of fashion is an expensive affair. Launching a clothing line implies purchasing merchandise, paying the store, tailoring, marketing, furnishing a store, lights, and so much more.
How to pick a clothing manufacturer for startups?
When finding the right clothing manufacturer for your startup, do not try to be too picky. Your idea needs to be appealing. Remember, nobody will invest unless you have an out-of-the-box idea. Make sure the ones you have approached are either new in the business or extremely well experienced to guide you appropriately or are ready to leap of faith.
Make sure you research the market well and then approach a clothing manufacturer. Even though you might be a newbie in the fashion industry, try to find a company with a similar objective. For example, a clothing manufacturer producing only men’s clothing will absorb men’s clothing easily.
A lot of clothing manufacturers for startups invest for profit but remember not to have high hopes. Every business stumbles or may grow beyond imagination. Guarantee your startup provider by giving them a brief idea of your brand and where you would like to see it in the next 15 years. Your confidence in your brand will assure your startup provider.
Top 30 clothing manufacturers for startups
To make your clothing manufacturing startup a smooth sail, we have compiled the top 30 clothing manufacturers for startups.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE: ANF): The company’s slogan is, Casual Luxury! The company is a global specialty retailer. They produce apparel and accessories for men, women, and kids under five renowned brands. The typical customer of the brand Abercrombie and Fitch is focussing on the young, athletic person who likes to dress stylishly.
- Adidas Group: It is a German manufacturer of athletic shoes and apparel, and sporting goods. If you are looking out for an investor in a clothing manufacturer for startups in athletic wear, then the Adidas group will be an optimal choice.
- Amazon.com: Amazon needs no introduction. It is also one of the most customer-centric companies. If you are looking for an online launch, Amazon can be your choice for a great kickstart. Also, it does not restrict the choice of clothing line you want to showcase.
- Arcadia Group: Arcadia group of companies focuses on clean and renewable energy resources. A startup involving clean recycled clothing lines can be benefited from a collaboration with the Arcadia group of companies.
- Buckle Inc: It is an American fashion retailer. It sells clothing, footwear, and accessories for men, women, and children. A clothing line will benefit from linking with Buckle Inc as a clothing manufacturer startup.
- C&J Clark International: The shoe retailer! C&J Clark International is a leading British shoe retailer delivering high-quality craftsmanship.
- Cato Corporation: the company provides the latest in fashion apparel, accessories, and high customer services. It is a reliable clothing manufacturer for startups.
- Columbia Sportswear Company: The four primary brands — Columbia®, Mountain Hardwear®, SOREL®, and prAna® — under the umbrella of the company complement each other in innovation, quality, and performance.
- Gerber Technology: They effectively manage and connect the supply chain. They work from product development and production to retail and end-customer satisfaction.
- Gildan Activewear Inc: This company deals with basic everyday apparel such as hoodies, t-shirts, underwear, socks for everyone with premium fit, feel, colors and quality.
- Global Brands Group: Global Brands designs, develops, markets, and sells products across a wide range of categories under a diverse array of owned and licensed brands.
- Hanesbrands Inc: It operates in three segments—innerwear, activewear, and international wear.
- Iconix Brand Group Inc: it is one of the world’s premier brand management companies. It owns a diversified portfolio of strong global consumer brands globally.
- JC Penney Company Inc: Started by the company slogan of “treat others as you want to get treated!” It runs departmental stores along with conventional merchandise.
- Levi Strauss & Co: The company designs and markets jeans & casual tees. The well-fitted and premium denim quality is its USP.
- Marks & Spencer Group Plc: This major British multinational retailer has its headquarters in London, England. It specializes in selling clothing, home products, and food products, most of its labels.
- Primark: The company deals in low-priced retailers carrying a wide range of product selections, including homeware, women’s and men’s clothing, children’s, beauty, accessories, and more.
- Puma AG: Puma is the fastest growing name in sportswear. If you are looking for a launch in sports & athletic gear, Puma can be a choice of clothing manufacturers for startups.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation: PVH Corporation is an American clothing company. The brands falling under it are Tommy Hilfiger, Warner’s, Olga, Calvin Klein, and True & Co. The company also licenses the high-end brands Michael Kors and Kenneth Cole, New York.
- Rocky Brands Inc: The brand designs, develops, manufactures, and markets premium quality outdoor, work, western, duty, and military footwear as well as outdoor and work apparel and accessories for men & women.
- Sears Holdings Corporation: The company operates as a broad-line retailer with full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada.
- Steven Madden: The brand designs and markets trendsetting shoes over 2 decades.
- Timberland Company: The focus of the company is specializing in outdoor footwear.
- Under Armour Inc: The brand is involved in the development, marketing, and distribution of branded performance apparel, accessories for men, women, and youth, and footwear.
- Uniqlo: Its fabric innovation and in-house design provide exceptional functional performance. Uniqlo manufactures “made for all’ clothing that can be worn whenever and wherever.
- VF Corporation: Vanity Fair Mills is an American worldwide apparel and footwear company founded in 1899.
- Victoria’s Secret: The brand is an American lingerie, clothing, and beauty retailer. It is known for high visibility marketing and branding.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc: A chain of supermarkets, which can provide a platform for showcasing your clothing line at competitive rates. The stores are spread out all over the world.
- Zumiez Inc: Leading specialty retailer of apparel, footwear, accessories, and hard goods for young men and women.
- The Idea Cafe Grant: This is an awesome micro-loan opportunity open to current aspiring business owners with bright ideas for a fashion clothing startup!