Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Plus-Size Fashion
Summary: The world of fashion is sizing up. Women are no longer accepting standard sizes churned out by fashion brands. By being in acceptance of their bodies, women have brought about a revolution that was unthinkable a decade earlier. Now, fashion plus-size clothing caters to the new-age woman who is confident about her body.
Plus One For Inclusive Sizes
Fashion in plus sizes is the new normal. The glorious victory of body-confident women is reflected on the websites and clothing racks in retail stores. The fashion plus-size market was valued at $601.7 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach $1,044.3 billion by 2032. Women don’t want to buy into brands that don’t offer them size-inclusive clothing, and many brands have recognized this change in tide. Women are embracing brands like Fenty and Cato fashion plus-size clothing for their size-inclusive offerings.
Legacy brands like Nike, ASOS, Carolina Herrera, and Girlfriend Collective are among the growing tribe to have size-inclusive clothing. Plus-size women now have the opportunity to choose their preferred clothing from nearly any brand out there. It is a welcome change from about a decade ago when they had very few choices.
Essentials Of Plus-size Fashion
Fashion essentials should include clothing items that are designed to fit and flatter individuals who wear larger sizes. Anyone who is wearing size 16 and beyond is a fashion plus size.
The requirement of plus-size women in intimate wear is a little more demanding with respect to support, fit, and flatter.
- Bras: Plus-size bras should be supportive and comfortable, with wide straps and a band that fits snugly without digging in
- Underwear: Plus-size underwear should be made of breathable and stretchy materials and should fit well without riding up or bunching
- Shapewear: Shapewear should help smooth out lines and create a more streamlined silhouette
- Control-top pantyhose: Control-top pantyhose should provide added support and coverage to the stomach and hips
- Sleepwear: Nightgowns and pajamas that are designed to fit plus-size bodies should provide added comfort and coverage while sleeping
- Swimwear: Plus-size swimwear should be designed to flatter larger bodies, with options for fuller busts or wider backsides
Plus-size individuals want outerwear clothing options to be fashionable, stylish, and comfortable. They want clothes to reflect their individuality and be in sync with the occasion.
- Coats: Plus-size coats should be designed to fit comfortably over layers of clothing, with options such as double-breasted styles, wrap coats, and parkas
- Jackets: Plus-size jackets should be made of warm and durable materials and have room for layering. Options such as puffer, denim, and faux leather can be considered
- Cardigans: Plus-size cardigans should be made of comfortable and stretchy materials and should fit well without being too tight or restrictive
- Sweaters: Plus-size sweaters should be made of warm and comfortable materials and have room for layering
- Scarves, hats, and gloves: Accessories such as scarves, hats, and gloves can help keep warm and add a fashionable touch to the outerwear
- Trousers: Trousers should be made of stretchy comfortable fabric. Elastic waistbands allow the wearer to move around and sit comfortably Athleisure
- Athleisure is now an acceptable form of informal and casual dressing. Plus-size women’s athleisure wear should double up as a fashion statement and be utilitarian in case they decide to go for a workout.
- Leggings: Plus-size leggings should be made of stretchy and breathable materials, with a high waistband that provides support and coverageSports bras: Plus-size sports bras should be designed to provide support and coverage, with options such as adjustable straps, cup support, and a wide bandAthletic tops: Plus-size athletic tops should be made of comfortable and breathable materials, with options such as moisture-wicking and quick-dry fabricsHoodies and sweatshirts: Hoodies and sweatshirts should be made of warm and comfortable materials with some room left for layeringJackets: Plus-size athletic jackets should be made of breathable and moisture-wicking materials, with options such as zippered pockets and reflective detailingShoes: Athletic shoes should be designed to provide support and comfort, with options such as wide widths and extra cushioning
If you’re a fashion brand that wants to introduce a size-inclusive collection, now is the right time to do so. Fashinza can help you to connect all the dots from design to execution with the help of the right manufacturers and technology.
Chat with a Fashinza expert today for plus-size clothing.
- Fashion brands have to come up with collections that flatter the plus-size women
- Stretchy and comfortable materials that give them freedom of movement are preferred
- Women are no longer keeping quiet when brands are not offering plus sizes and increasing the cost of the clothing